“In diversity there is beauty and there is strength” – Maya Angelou
What is the EDI Collective?
The EDI Collective stands for the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Collective. We are a voluntary student committee in the School of Arts, Languages and Cultures at the University of Manchester that formed to act as a body to whom students can report any racism and discrimination they have received due to their race and/or ethnicity from staff or students.
- To act as a body to which students can report incidents of racism and discrimination to
- To actively respond to such incidents by communicating with the appropriate departments/members of staff and seeking disciplinary action for the perpetrators involved
- To advocate greater awareness of the experiences of students of ethnic minorities
- To promote a culture of greater inclusion and consciousness of students of ethnic minorities in lectures and classes
- To commit to promoting the decolonisation of curriculums in the School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
Want to volunteer?
We are a voluntary student committee and would love to get more students involved.